My favorite class is theater. We do a lot of hands on activities like improv games and short skits, which are really fun. Also, you don't have to be good at acting or have any past experience to enjoy this class!
Meet Our Students
The best way to understand what it's like to be a student at Whitfield is to ask current students...so we did! Below, a panel of students share their perspective on classes, teachers, school spirit and, of course, lunch!
Join us for a Visit Day to meet our students in person!
Spanish because Senora Gassner makes class fun and includes lots of activities so it keeps your attention.
My favorite class is Civics because I like to talk about current events and have discussions. I also like English for mostly the same reasons.
This year my favorite class is history. I love history in general but Dr. Boyd takes it to a new level. I am always exited when I have his class!
English is my favorite class because it involves a lot of writing and real-world analysis. I love writing and my writing has grown plenty since 6th grade thanks to the awesome English teachers.
It’s very student oriented and teachers really make sure that students are succeeding.
Whitfield teachers want you to succeed. They come in to school every day with a burning passion to help students grow. A lot of students at Whitfield will say that they learned without even knowing they were learning. Teachers make learning fun and conquerable.
The teaching style at Whitfield is really interactive and engaged. A typical day in the classroom could look like anything from seminar discussions to group projects, and study games to notes and individual work.
It's very hands on. The teachers really help you work through problems. They also teach in very interesting ways whether it be through Kahoots, worksheets, or going outside.
- Why did you choose Whitfield?
- Describe the homework load and how you manage your time.
- What are the traits that most Whitfield students share? In what ways are they different?
- How have you grown or changed during your time at Whitfield?
- As a new student, how did you get involved and meet new people?
- In what ways is your Whitfield experience specifically preparing you for college?
- Tell us about Whitfield's athletic program.
- Is the lunch at Whitfield any good?
- What is your favorite school event or activity?