Athletic Hall of Fame
Whitfield School’s Athletic Hall of Fame was established to recognize and honor those individuals who have made exceptional contributions to Whitfield’s athletic program. Classes will be inducted every other year beginning spring 2016.
This year's Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner & Induction Ceremony was held Saturday, May 7, 2016 in the school's Cady Athletic Center.
Philip B. (Flip) Cady Jr. '70 - athlete/contributor
*Philip B. Cady Sr. - contributor
William W. Daues - coach/athletic director
*Samuel C. Davis Jr. – contributor
Ginger Newton Jacobi '73 – athlete
Margot McMahon '00 – athlete
Annette Payne '94 - athlete
Robert Rahm '97 – athlete
Joe Trover '92 - athlete
Hall of Fame Advisory Committee
Flip Cady ’70
Bill Cady ’73
Bill Daues, former director of athletics
John Delautre, head of school
Abby (Baden) DePriest ’00
Ron Fox ’73
Ruth Greathouse, principal
Ginger Newton Jacobi ’73
Kyle Kerner '96
Sheila McCarthy, faculty member
Margot McMahon ’00
Mike Potsou, director of athletics
Mike Quante, assistant director of athletics
Melissa (Romine) Lloyd '99
Cory Spielberg '94
Tony Spielberg '90
Joe Trover '92
Todd Wallace ’00
Induction Criteria for Alumni
- Eligible for nomination 10 years after graduation from Whitfield.
- Have exceptional accomplishments in one, or more, high school sports.
- Have conducted his/herself as a student and alumna/alumnus in keeping with the values of the Whitfield community.
- The 10 year period between graduation and nomination may be waived by the selection committee for nominees who are affected by extenuating circumstances. Posthumous nominations are welcomed.
Induction Criteria for Non-Alumni
Individuals (coach, administrator, friend of the school) who have made exceptional contributions to Whitfield’s athletic program and who have demonstrated in their lives the values of the Whitfield community.
Posthumous nominations are welcomed.
- Nominations may be submitted at any time during the year and will be considered for the next class in the Athletic Hall of Fame induction cycle.
- The online nomination form must be completed in full. Committee members may seek additional information from the person submitting the nomination.
- The number of inductees is determined by the committee.
- Nominations remain active for five years and will be re-considered each year.
- An individual is eligible to be re-nominated following the five year period.
- Inductees will be notified of their selection by the Director of Athletics.