Four years ago, Whitfield’s Board of Trustees, faculty, parents and alumni came together to create a road map for a stronger, healthier and more effective school, our Strategic Plan. This plan resulted in a set of priorities that led us to this capital campaign.
Achieving the Vision: The Campaign for Whitfield is an historic endeavor that honors every Whitfield student, parent, teacher and donor who has come before, and opens the door to the future our school deserves. This effort will fuel the growth of our academic program and guarantee the success of a generation of Whitfield graduates.
Growing Our Endowment
Support our Faculty
- Recruiting and retaining a faculty of the highest caliber is vital to Whitfield's student-centered educational experience
- Offer competitive compensation to faculty that is commensurate with their value in our community
- Increase Whitfield's retirement match
Provide Need-Based Tuition Assistance
- Ensure that hard-working students of promise are not limited by their financial resources
- Enrich each student's experience by bringing a variety of perspectives into our classrooms and preparing our children for the world they will inherit
- Enhance our competitive advantage as we continue to build a strong student body from a wide spectrum of talent
Securing Our Future
Bolster our operating budget by reducing existing debt and securing Whitfield’s long-term health. This will enable us to invest in the programs that define Whitfield’s unique student experience:
- Strengthen Whitfield’s position as an academic leader by enhancing our curriculum
- Encourage faculty professional development and academic leadership
- Enable further investment in educational technology
- During Phase I of the Campaign, we surpassed our goal of $5 million. In year two we exceeded our Phase II goal of $8 million, bringing our Campaign total to 9.7 million raised to date.
- 77 documented pledges received.
- Annual Fund remains a top priority. In addition to supporting the campaign, many donors made multi-year commitments to the Annual Fund.
Nothing confirms the importance of this campaign more than hearing about the Whitfield experience from a few of our Alumni and how they were impacted by it. Watch the campaign video:
For more information, contact Kelly Edwards, Director of Development, at 314-415-1254 or firstname.lastname@example.org